444.775 PL 162.2 (Skywarn Primary) RemoteBase Links to SA-NWS
145.250 PL 162.2 (Skywarn Backup)
927.1125 432 EL
146.680 PL 186.2
444.250 PL 88.5 Links to SA-NWS
146.76 PL 146.6 (Abilene Skywarn Primary)
146.96 (Abilene Skywarn Backup)
The following suggestions will assist you in using our local repeaters.
1) Listen to the repeater to become familiar with it’s operation.
2) Please don’t “ker-chunck” (key up without identifying yourself) the repeater “just to see if it is working”. Instead, you could say “This is _______ (give your call) monitoring”. You never know… a long lost friend might be listening and call you back!
3) Identify yourself legally: FCC regs say you have to identify at the end of the transmission or series of transmissions and at least once each 10 minutes during the transmission.
4) Pause between transmissions. This allows other hams to use the repeater (someone may have an emergency) If you have an emergency; indicate by saying “Break, Break” then your callsign and wait for acknowledgement.
5) Don’t break into a contact unless you have something to add. Interrupting is no more polite on the air than it is in person.
6) Keep your transmission short and thoughtful. Your “monologue” may prevent someone with an emergency from using the repeater. If you talk long enough you may time out the repeater. (How embarrassing!) Remember that your transmissions are being heard by not only the Hams that are on the channel, but by non-hams who have scanners. Please represent the hobby well.
7) Use the minimum amount of power necessary to maintain communications. This is an FCC rule [97.313(a)]. It minimizes the possibility of interference with distance repeaters.
8) Repeaters are intended primarily to facilitate mobile operation. If you are a base station, please listen for mobile operators and be prepared to assist them or relinquish the repeater to them as needed.
9) ALL repeaters are built and maintained at considerable expense and effort. Your membership in the KCARC helps supports ours for use by the general public. If you are not a member, please consider joining us. Our contact information is at the bottom of every page and on the Contact page. NOTE: Repeater owners may restrict individuals and groups from using their machines, and the FCC expects users to comply with these restrictions. See section 97.205(e) of the FCC’s rules.
806 E 16th St
Like us on Facebook and get 10% off your next order.